On a hot day in Dubai’s sunny weather, where does one go? The outdoor fruit & vegetable market? Hells yes! I decided to take a trip down there today to stock up on some fruits (mainly raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries) and to take my new camera out on a spin.
Hope you like the photos!
Recently, IKEA was nice enough to send me a little something. A beautiful plate and a recipe book full of IKEA recipes! As I was flipping through the pages, I saw a recipe for Shakshuka and ofcourse, knowing me, I was heart struck. Shakshuka is one of my all-time favorite breakfast recipes, and all for a good reason. If you’ve never tried it yourself, you need to ASAP.
It’s a combination of everything delicious you want in a breakfast: eggs, feta cheese, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and parsley. If your stomach is growling right now, you’re on the right track.
Here’s the recipe with a few tweaks of my own. Hope you like it!
- 3 large eggs
- half a yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove of girl, minced
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, diced in half
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp paprika
- a few sprigs of parsley, chopped
- feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan.
- Fry the yellow onion with garlic for about 2-3 mins.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and a little tomato paste diluted in water, paprika, chili flakes, salt & pepper.
- Leave on low heat for 10 mins.
- Crack your eggs on top, cover for about 4 mins.
- Remove from heat, top with feta cheese and parsley.
If there’s one breakfast that we can all agree on, it’s got to be either pancakes or waffles. I feel like these are the two pillars of breakfast. You can never go wrong with them, and you can dress them up in so many different ways that it’s virtually impossible to get bored of them.
Today, I woke up craving a classic crisp waffle with something fruity on top. And that I had. This was the easiest thing to put together, but tastes like pure joy. Classic crisp waffles with honey yogurt and peaches. You can’t go wrong with those.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted then cooled
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Greek honey yogurt (or a spoonful per waffle)
- peaches, sliced
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, beat until well blended.
- Spoon the batter into the preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp.
- Top waffles with a spoonful of Greek honey yogurt and sliced peaches. Devour.