Waffles with Honey Yogurt & Peaches
If there’s one breakfast that we can all agree on, it’s got to be either pancakes or waffles. I feel like these are the two pillars of breakfast. You can never go wrong with them, and you can dress them up in so many different ways that it’s virtually impossible to get bored of them.
Today, I woke up craving a classic crisp waffle with something fruity on top. And that I had. This was the easiest thing to put together, but tastes like pure joy. Classic crisp waffles with honey yogurt and peaches. You can’t go wrong with those.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted then cooled
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Greek honey yogurt (or a spoonful per waffle)
- peaches, sliced
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, beat until well blended.
- Spoon the batter into the preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp.
- Top waffles with a spoonful of Greek honey yogurt and sliced peaches. Devour.